Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is hiring a Customer Success Manager. Customer Success Managers (CSM) work directly with customers to support our overall customer lifecycle as it relates to customer adoption, on-going support, optimization, and expansion. CSM’s take a team based approach to keeping customers connected to Accela. CSM’s work with Accela’s Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Project Managers, and Product Management to enhance their overall user experience with Accela.
CSM’s understand how best to utilize our offerings, educate on new features available in releases, evangelize best practices, diagnosis on-going support issues, make recommendations to customers based on evaluations, propose optimization, and most importantly advocate on behalf of Accela customers.
The team communicates across the user community via various means to support our customers. They are also assigned to work one-on-one with customers for a more personalized dialogue with the customer. This role helps build a proactive approach to driving solutions to customer issues that impede greater adoption and/or retention as we identify themes/trend from customer interactions. This role also helps enable our customers recognize their vision.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Work with customers to ensure they achieve success with the solutions implemented and engage fee-based services as needed
- Provide guidance in implementation of industry best practices
- Consult and negotiate with customer managers, directors, and executives to understand and document customer needs, objectives and feasibility of requests
- Establish a trusted adviser relationship that works to ensure customer’s overall satisfaction with our products
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development
- Use knowledge repository of support best practices and other customer ideas which can continually enhance the Accela platform
- Identify additional potential revenue streams based on the customer business strategy and needs
- Optimizing the use of our products/solutions through webinars, education, and health checks
- Developing success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations for future advancement
- Create a knowledge base of customer reference data for use by entire sales organization
- Engage with Regional and National User Groups as well as Advisory Boards
- Monitor and facilitate the customer’s adoption of our solution features and functionality providing Accela with an understanding of their overall business needs as they relate to our products
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated customer issues
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, marketing/sales, or communication related field or the equivalent skill and knowledge is preferred
- 3+ years minimum experience with the Accela Platform or a related platform
- Working experience in engineering or sales of similar software products or in the use of those products in target client base, or a combination of both
- Knowledge of local/state/federal government business processes in permitting, planning, asset, and enforcement activities, preferred
- Ability to produce organized deliverables resulting from interaction with customers
- Ability to articulate a firm understanding of GIS as it relates to the Accela platform
- Ability to analyze and articulate customer business processes
- Technical ability to process available information in order to deploy and configure software
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one with software users of all levels and roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Use of independent judgment under a minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize action items and meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
- Reside in assigned region and able to travel throughout the country frequently with little advance notice (travel up to 50% of the time)
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.