Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Accela is currently seeking an Enterprise Account Executive for the west region U.S.
The ideal candidate is experienced at maintaining and growing the investments of Enterprise Accounts, specifically government agencies located in the west. The Enterprise Account Executive will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships and for selling Accela’s subscription and perpetual licenses. Activities include assisting with direct marketing and lead generation campaigns, attending trade shows, assisting with account collection, managing sales efforts, prospecting, lead follow-up, preparation of budgetary estimates, preparation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract closures as well as actively documenting these activities within Salesforce.com. The ideal candidate must also understand project delivery and actively participate at a high-level if needed. The Enterprise Account Executive will be expected to facilitate customer interactions with all departments within Accela.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in existing client organizations
- Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities to deliver high-impact solutions and manage the client roadmap
- Create strong customer loyalty and demand within accounts
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients by selling and cross-selling our solutions into new departments
- Lead and contribute to RFP responses
- Lead the development of account plans and manage periodic account reviews
- Manage an existing account and continue to build pipeline
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12 month cycle
- Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to customer coordination
- Provide proactive customer communication on product roadmap, delivery, and support initiatives
- Support Regional and National User Group meetings
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
- Industry domain knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Prior RFP response skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with government sales cycles
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.