At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential. While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for an experienced People Analytics Leader to create and drive the People Analytics roadmap for our organization. This role sits within our People Operations and Analytics team. As the leader of the People Analytics team, you are a strategic thought partner across all areas of our People Team, as well as the organization more broadly. You will find opportunities for using people metrics and analytics to improve HR performance and drive business performance. You will define and lead projects that drive significant insights and change across topics including workforce planning, employee experience, DEI, attrition, and talent acquisition. As the subject matter expert and leader of this team, you will work cross-functionally with several organizations (including Finance and Tech) and collaborate with the People Team COEs and HRBPs. Your primary objective will be enabling leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions while building their ability to access, interpret, and take action on insights through People Analytics solutions. This role is collaborative, creative, and the ideal candidate will be highly data driven, technically astute, a solid communicator, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects, relationships, and delivering results.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide reporting and analysis to leadership and other stakeholders including monthly dashboards, compliance reporting, analysis related to talent acquisition, attrition, diversity, and People operational metrics to help drive business decisions and identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap to significantly enhance our reporting and analytics capabilities considering the appropriate tools and technologies.
- Develop and deliver key reporting and analytical support for the People organization and people managers, particularly focused on creating robust self-service reporting capability and manager dashboards in Workday.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Finance and others to identify report requirements.
- Provide training on self-service capability for HR and Managers when needed.
- Demonstrate extraordinary reporting skills to establish trends in various parts of the business.
- Serve as a counselor and subject matter authority to senior partners regarding people analytics and strategy topics, as well as provide mentorship on how to work efficiently with people analytics capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong communication and data visualization skills, with the ability to communicate more than just numbers. Translate complex analytics and findings into digestible stories that identify key business implications.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 4+ years’ experience in building high performance analytics organizations in the HR/Recruiting space
- 6+ years’ experience with data analytics, Workday and visualization tools such as Tableau
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision-making and persuade others. Work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to build this capability, which requires comfort with toggling between managing basic reporting needs while also building a foundation which allows the People Team to automate and deliver self-service tools and dashboards to allow for more sophisticated analyses
- Strong problem-structuring and problem-solving ability
- Specific experience with the Workday reporting and analytics tools a plus
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Proven ability to challenge and motivate a team to foster innovation in an atmosphere of mutual respect
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $120,000 -$150,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.