What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for an experienced leader to assume the VP of Marketing Short Course role within the Marketing team, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The VP, Marketing Short Course is responsible for driving revenue growth and improving marketing efficiency for 2U’s Short Course Business through the creation, implementation, and monitoring of marketing strategies in support of 2U’s goals. This role will directly drive demand generation performance, audience segmentation and targeting, Brand marketing, and event strategy and engagement, while working closely across Marketing’s operational centers of excellence. The ideal candidate must be a data-driven, growth-oriented, and a cross-team contributor with experience across all marketing functions, but a track record in scaling demand-generation. This position requires an individual with a creative approach, the desire to drive-growth, and the ability to partner with leadership to build a scalable revenue engine. We’re looking for a passionate and proven leader with a firm grasp of the latest digital and direct marketing strategies, and brand development experience gained in a B2C environment.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop and own ongoing strategy for all facets of marketing across the Short Course portfolio of partner programs.
- Direct accountability for delivery against annual financial goals related to Short Course enrollment growth and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with various internal teams to identify and implement new marketing programs and tactics based on development of ROI-based business justification.
- Accountable for forecasting Short Course performance vs. goals.
- Assume direct ROI responsibility for portfolio of courses and maximizing profitability of these programs over time.
- Lead the development of all brand positioning, messaging, and creative for Short Course partner programs.
- Ensure consistent brand expression through all consumer touch points, and maintain the high brand standards of our university partners.
- Play lead customer for internal creative, web, email and content teams with the aim of maximizing enrollment in our partner programs.
- Develop metric driven strategies to drive program health and work with various internal teams to move the dial on prospect conversion rates through nurture strategies such as events, webinars, content marketing and other sales strategies.
- Work with the full marketing department, executive team and program general managers to optimize both short-term opportunities and long-term brand building/growth opportunities including the cross-selling and upselling of products across the 2U portfolio.
- Serve as lead voice for Short Course marketing across all senior leadership functions.
- Must be able to present to all levels at a university, up to and including deans. Must be able to convey complex marketing topics to a wide audience, with an eye toward influencing key internal and external stakeholders. Ensure exceptional partner relationship management across the team, leading by example.
- Motivate and lead a high performing and results oriented team to generate a growing stream of leads each month, improve the user journey throughout the marketing funnel, identify and streamline best practices, communicate subject matter expertise across the marketing matrix, engage in budget-related activities, and act as a change agent for systems and process alignment.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing; 5+years in leadership
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and marketing plan in a scaling environment
- Ability to optimize a marketing budget and make every dollar count.
- Knows the numbers and focused on constant and never-ending improvement
- Consistent track record of achieving or exceeding marketing targets
- Understanding of lead generation strategy and tactics and use of tactics to create preference and drive conversions on the path to purchase
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing technologies and new developments in the space
- Ability to understand consumer needs and translate them into effective marketing messages
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proficiency in interpreting data
- Proven ability to manage and lead a high-performing team
Directly manage 5 functional leaders and oversee a team of 80+ individuals.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.