What We’re Looking For:
The role exists to produce valuable insights from research activities that will help decision making for new courses with university partners. Managing the list of commercially viable course ideas in a subject vertical, on pipeline, and supporting the Product Strategy & Research function with proactive industry research in a subject vertical and reactive research into new course proposals is critical to the role. Maintaining an overview of the competitor market and monitoring course performance of current courses in a subject vertical, providing insights into the identity of the typical consumer to guide the improvement of course performance where necessary. A Product Strategy & Research Analyst is responsible for maintaining an overview of the customer to support the greater marketing function.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Production of viability analysis reports following standardised research methodology: including general desktop research and quantitative analysis of keyword search trends, job availability, analysis of the target market and competitor landscape, among other key data sources.
- Managing the portfolio of courses and new course ideas in your select subject vertical and regularly conducting additional industry-related research.
- Evaluating and analysing current course performance and student demographics, to provide feedback for improvement in targeting, content quality and essentially student numbers.
- Supporting the leadership team with innovative partnership or product proposals.
- Working closely with our Consumer Insights and Analytics team to translate insights for impact across the business.
- Liaising with General Manager’s in a single geographic region.
- Engaging with key external and internal stakeholders during development of a new course, including; Learning Design, Marketing, and University Faculty.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Master's Degree or relevant research experience.
- 3-5 yrs working experience.
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills essential.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience in the technology or financial sector would be advantageous.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and being able to work flexibly and independently are essential.
- A Product Strategy & Research Analyst is expected to work a 9-hr day (including 1-hr lunch break).
- Overtime is not a requirement of the job.
- Flexibility would be required to occasionally accommodate US/ UK or other time zones.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.