What We’re Looking For:
The purpose of this role is to serve as an business intelligence specialist, focusing on data analysis and operational reporting with the purpose of providing data-driven insights that will enable the achievement of the business’s overall goals and drive clinical and operational decision-making. This is a data driven role requiring a quantitative orientation and design sense, with strong critical thinking and data visualization skills.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop data sources required for reporting purposes that meet business requirements. Cleanse and verify the integrity of the data and enhance data sources where necessary. Ensure code is thoroughly tested and that data best practices are followed.
- Use data visualization software (Tableau) to design, develop, and maintain metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive and track the performance of key business decisions for enterprise reporting at scale. Seek out additional data sources to provide additional business value for internal and external use. Projects are typically short to medium term and of medium complexity, or multiple integrated components of a larger project.
- Build relationships within the internal team and managers of analyst groups to:
- Understand business requirements for data and visualization.
- Promote visualization best practices across 2U.
- Respond to and triage issues related to reports and dashboards. Leverage business knowledge to create solutions that enable enhanced business performance.
- Assist in the management of Enterprise BI tools and data literacy across the organization.
- Develop technical skills by actively looking for opportunities to improve through stretch assignments and continuous learning.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in a mathematical or analytical field preferred (i.e.: Economics, Math, Stats, Computer Science, Engineering).
- 2-4 years of relevant analytical and visualization experience in a professional setting.
- Intermediate understanding of data visualization using Tableau (or another data visualization tool). Comfortable with advanced table calculations/LOD expressions, Actions, Dynamic Filtering, and advanced formatting is required.
- Advanced SQL and database skills (window functions, advanced joins, and sub queries) is required.
- Basic understanding of R or Python and their data visualization and manipulation packages is a plus.
- An understanding of using APIs to extract data from various systems is a plus.
- Project management skills to be able to identify the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve a goal, and prioritizes key action steps for medium term, medium complexity projects (i.e. single report with singular components).
- Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate strategy that can be applied to a broad spectrum of corporate functions is preferred.
- Analytical thinker with great attention to detail; must be able to “tell a story” with data to provide insights to non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to confidently create written communication and documentation.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.