What We’re Looking For:
As the Manager, Product Strategy for 2U Bootcamps, you’ll be responsible for defining differentiation and defensibility for current and future 2U Bootcamp products. You’ll develop strategy both at the product-level and portfolio-level, defining how each product will compete & win in the market, and how our scale will allow us to offer unique value to students. You’ll play a critical role in articulating future bets and evaluating them before launch through a mix of quantitative and qualitative research.
This job will require both soft and hard skills, force you to learn quickly about a variety of different fields, and challenge your ability to distill and communicate complex ideas and topics. You’ll be at the center of some of the most complex problems the business faces and that should excite you. You’ll work with leaders across nearly every functional team, and you should excel at building relationships and leading through influence. You’re an optimistic, collaborative problem-solver who loves to find the ‘truth’ inside of unstructured problems.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Identify and evaluate potential new product and market opportunities. Be the ‘tip of the spear’ on new ideas by conducting primary and secondary research to quickly get up to speed, develop a perspective, and formulate a plan to move forward
- Own assessments of competitive pressures in existing and new markets. Build out and maintain a perspective on how the overall bootcamp market is evolving, how competition, alternatives, and substitutes are shaping student decisions. Help define the right rituals and artifacts to make the entire business line smarter about the competitive landscape.
- Establish a backlog of project briefs for our qualitative research function to execute, defining and prioritizing the key hypotheses that need validating or invalidating from students led by your own independent research and analysis
- Working with bootcamp leadership and functional teams, define and evaluate strategic questions and opportunities, ranging from a new tutoring-as-a-service pilot to our online vs. in-person product strategy
- Develop compelling internal and external documents that clearly articulate the strategic rationale for product decisions
- Working across the entire line of business, help to establish a long-term view of the opportunities to capture and re-define the bootcamp space and how to turn our scale and network into differentiated value for the market
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2-5 years of professional experience in strategy, market research, consulting, product, or another highly relevant field
- Experience solving complex, ambiguous business problems in an iterative, collaborative manner
- Strong analytical skills, across quantitative and qualitative data and methods
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, to a range of stakeholders, from functional team members to the executive team
- Experience with direct-to-consumer businesses, Education, and/or Technology a plus
- Naturally curious, with a strong ability to learn quickly about new markets, customers, labor markets, and more
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $80,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.