What We’re Looking For:
The Senior SEO Strategist role is a technical, strategic and data driven role that reports into the SEO Director but is also accountable to Team leads in a matrix system for delivery. The role encompasses the responsibility for the portfolios assigned, across both organic and school referral. This role will likely be assigned accountability of multiple portfolios, including portfolios assigned to less senior members and support them in achieving their respective targets. The Senior SEO Strategist delivers training on how to improve the data function of the team to better improve on the strategies that they create. This role leverages senior expertise to take on special projects, aligned with departmental roadmap, that secures medium to longer term benefit for departmental growth. This role also acts as a consultant on projects with owners outside of the SEO team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Create complete SEO strategies aligned with overarching SEO strategy, for all courses within the assigned portfolio, i.e. leadership and functional portfolios.
- Do keyword research and provide content suggestions to the creative team for the blog and then review content before it goes live on the website.
- Manage rollout of ecosystem optimisation for schools assigned by portfolio to increase referral traffic from the school university websites.
- Consult with GetSmarter side university teams to ensure best practice is met on all content and pages leveraged in campaigns.
- Assist in link building to increase backlinks to course pages.
- Drive/ support/ initiate link building initiatives for assigned portfolio.
- Monitor/ Analyse SEO Performance using BrightEdge, Search Console, Google Analytics, and Internal Dashboards.
- Populate and Maintain audit and data docs relevant to portfolio management.
- Educate internal teams and school partners about SEO best practices and the latest trends.
- Perform Competitive analysis in the ever-changing education space.
- CRO initiatives to improve the performance of product pages.
- Conceptualize, implement, manage SEO projects for long term gain aligned with longer term team goals.
- Manage expectations and communication on assigned projects.
- Report and analyze outcomes, and optimise.
- Junior team members.
- University teams.
- Third party arrangement consults.
- Off site campaigns consults.
- Web Ops and S&T.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years SEO experience.
- A strong technical SEO background and is able to do in-depth technical audits.
- Extensive knowledge of search engine optimisation and inbound marketing techniques.
- Excellent excel and data management skills.
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid and organic search works together.
- Proven track record of scalable SEO tactics that are ROI positive.
- Understanding of user experience and CRO.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.