What We’re Looking For:
The CRM Reporting Analyst is responsible for the holistic upkeep of the operational reports and metrics dashboards for all teams who work on the CRM system. This includes the rolling out and education of teams on new reports or fields that will help them monitor performance or SLAs.
A secondary focus of this role is troubleshooting data-related system issues (e.g lead loss or bad data records) and driving the operational aspects of models designed by the Data Operations team in order to test and implement new customer contact strategies. A CRM Reporting Analyst requires a firm grip of the Short Course systems architecture to be able to troubleshoot in all systems between Lead Capture and the CRM and from the CRM to our data tables.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Creation and maintenance of operational reports and dashboards in the CRM.
- Data mapping for customer communication tools to be able to report effectively on these channels.
- Briefing in of Tableau reports to be built and published.
- Educating customer facing teams and communicating new Tableau reports or fields.
- Operationalising new models created by the Data Operations team within the CRM.
- Troubleshooting data-related issues and logging these as Jira tickets with the appropriate team members.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2+ years experience in the data industry.
- A Bachelor's degree (Stats, Engineering, Business Science preferred).
- Experience in data analysis and business intelligence.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with a reporting tool, such as Tableau.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Good problem solving skills.
- Analytical, strategic and logical thinker.
- Time management, discipline, accountability, self-motivation and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to data solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team as well as on your own.
- Attention to detail.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.