What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Director, Performance Marketing is responsible for leading a team of data-driven marketing analysts who manage the return on investment of 2U’s short course advertising budgets to ensure an optimal cost per acquisition for the portfolio. The Senior Director, Performance Marketing works with the team to produce digital marketing strategies and spend plans that maximise the yield on advertising budgets and achieves the revenue objectives set per course. Through the thorough analysis of data and performance metrics, the performance marketing team provides key insights that drive marketing strategy.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Investment management: production of spend plans that break advertising spend down into media types, geographies, audiences, etc, to guide the digital marketing team in the execution of these campaigns.
- Performance management: analyse the performance of advertising campaigns to ensure optimal spend allocation - increasing spend on high performing campaigns, and cutting spend on loss making campaigns.
- Reporting management: production of reports (with assistance from the marketing analytics team) that track the performance of courses and yield that help team members make data-driven decisions; analytical support on ad hoc analyses relating to pricing, timing of deadlines, course name variations, etc.
- Forecasting: accurately forecast spend and student enrolments on future presentations, including new courses and presentations.
- People management: assume full responsibility for management of the marketing strategy team, including marketing managers, marketing leads and marketing analysts.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 7-10 years experience in digital marketing with a strong focus on quantitative analysis OR a background in finance (investment analysis, portfolio management, financial performance) working in a marketing/tech focused business.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing teams in demand generation, marketing strategy, digital marketing or a related function.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and coaching skills required.
- Detailed knowledge of digital marketing platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Google Adwords, Reddit, Twitter, LinkedIn Google Analytics, etc.
- Strong ability to interpret, manage and explain strategy based on data.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Tableau, Salesforce or similar BI and CRM tools required.
- Intermediate understanding of managerial finance strongly preferred.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-moving, ever changing, high growth environment.
- Ability to manage relationships and influence upwards and downwards in a global, matrix organisation.
- Irregular work schedule from time to time to accommodate meetings across time zones
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.