What We’re Looking For:
As an Academic Operations Specialist, you are responsible for the compliance for the allocations and payment of academic staffing, Degree deliverables management, and performance evaluation systems for a portfolio of academic roles in the Degree and Short Course business. You will work in lockstep with the Regional Academic Manager to ensure that staff are compliant in the HRIS-, workforce management-, and reporting systems. From the moment an academic role receives their offer to join our teaching force, you will collaboratively ensure that they are ready to teach by the first day of class, feel supported throughout their teaching experience, and are fired up to put students first and never stop improving!
A successful candidate will value and enjoy the challenge of building relationships with hundreds of individuals around the world, and thinking critically about finding opportunities to support instructional staff within process and protocol. You can anticipate problems, excel at crafting inspiring and compelling written messages, and bring empathy and care for our instructional staff. Success is contingent on strategically streamlining our Human Resources, Communications, and Academic Staffing systems
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Compliance and Reporting for Academic Staffing, Payment, and Allocations:
- Ensure the organization is compliant with payment, hours, and teaching assignments using our Workforce Management System
- Track and report on completion rates of training within our Learning Management System to key stakeholders.
- Create reports that prep Academic Leads for retention conversations within a region tied to the costs of instructional delivery
- Deliverables Management (Degree)
- Track deliverables for contractors via dashboard (bi-weekly touchpoints; end of term wrap up meetings)
- Escalate Feedback to appropriate General Manager
- Performance Management (Short Courses)
- Build relationships with EE instructors of US-based Short Course Instructors to ensure we have accurate data in order to identify the ways in which we can best engage them Build knowledge on and develop expertise in what it means to have strong collaboration with internal partners.
- Partner with Academic Leads to track completion of onboarding and ongoing staff learning and development for a specific market.
- Responsible for clear touch points throughout the instructional staff member’s experience with close collaboration with Academic Lead
- Internal Partnerships (Academic Leads, Recruitment, Human Resources, etc…)
- Collaborate with the 2U Academic Recruitment and Development Team for the allocation of learning assignments for Instructors in the US-based Short Course within the Workforce Management System
- Connect instructors in your academic role portfolio to the key stakeholders in human resources (when needed)
- Report discrepancies to correct stakeholders based on the compliance and reporting requirements in Workforce Management,Tableau, and Learning Management System (Moodle for Short Course and Degree)
- Team and Organizational Expectations
- Knowledge and compliance of all 2U Global policies
- Participation in all meeting structures and staff expectations
Things That Should Be In Your Background
- At least 3-5 years of work experience
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings
- Occasional travel within region and for organizational team or company meetings (due to COVID-19 non-essential travel is cancelled)
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative solutions to lead to positive culture
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral) and proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents in a number of different settings
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Exceptional customer service orientation, ability to tailor approach for different audiences
- Agility and willingness to adapt to change, shift course, alter approaches and assume new responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; comfort with various media (video, websites, podcasts, etc.)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strategic thinking and ability to see and leverage connections between multiple work streams
- Ability to build deep and meaningful relationships with others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Project Management and Platform Management
- Ability to maintain focus on goals in an ever-changing and complex organizational landscape
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.