What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of this position is to collaboratively create engaging and impactful educational video content that supports learning outcomes with a focus on quality, efficiency, and innovation.
This is achieved by managing and producing all assigned educational videos to the highest standard as the primary Video Producer on a project, as well as supporting Senior and Lead Video Producers as a secondary Video Producer on high priority projects. The production of videos may include all stages of the production process and involves a high level of collaboration between internal and external stakeholders, from pre-production (course content conceptualisation, scripting, scheduling, planning), through production (filming in-studio, remotely or on-location while directing and supporting speakers to deliver effective content to teach students), and post production (media management, editing, graphic and animation conception and briefing, with a focus on making videos part of an impactful multimedia learning experience).
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Perform course Video Producer tasks to the best of your ability according to industry-leading quality standards for online education (minimal supervision needed) and collaboratively (with internal team members like designers and writers, and external stakeholders, like professors). Pre-production (scripting, scheduling, planning), through production (filming in-studio, remotely or on-location) and post production (media management, editing, graphic and animation conception and briefing). Manage timelines and deadlines of assigned projects.
- Participate in in-person or remote filming with experienced Video Producers, depending on business requirements. This entails interaction with, and direction of, the speakers and logistical and technical management of the shoots.
- Edit scripts (semi-supervised), as well as conceptualise complex graphics and basic interactive elements.
- Effective, clear, and professional communication with project stakeholders within and without 2U.
- Drive and implement, along with Lead/Senior Video Producers, new and innovative practices and techniques.
- Engage in team training to further personal and departmental development.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A tertiary qualification and 3+ years work experience OR 5+ years relevant work experience
- Excellence in at least one aspect of Video Production (filming, editing, scriptwriting, directing).
- Proof of conceptual ability, with a specific focus on conceptualising content for impactful learning experiences.
- Demonstrable regard and respect from colleagues/teachers/mentors.
- Examples of initiative taken in the past.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback to collaboratively improve your skills and the content you create.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully navigate difficult situations/conversations.
- Possibility of travel to film courses and marketing content for university partners.
- Valid passport
- Lifting of mildly heavy camera equipment, and standing for extended periods of time during filming.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.