What We’re Looking For:
The Vice President, University Operations Product Strategy will lead the work across Boot Camp, Degree, and Short Course businesses and relevant teams to define the high-level vision for the company’s university operations technologies roadmap; conduct competitive market analysis; work with key stakeholders across the company to gather the key insights from the market, customers, and internal stakeholders; work with Tech Product Management to inform specific roadmap priorities; assess and manage relationships with vendors and third parties; and collaborate closely with the CUOO to communicate the vision and roadmap to customers, GMs, and other internal/external stakeholders. This role requires understanding and tracking edtech trends, competitive forces, and business needs across stakeholder groups to define the vision for 2U’s university operations technology capabilities, and ensure the vision is achieved.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
University Operations Technologies Vision // Define and iterate the long-term vision for 2U’s university operations technologies by monitoring competitive, market and edtech trends, and collaborating across internal and external stakeholder groups, including university partners, Product Marketing, Learning Design & Development, Tech Dev, GMs and managing directors. University operations technologies will encompass pre-enrollment and customer operations across the landscape of Boot Camp, Degree, and Short Course businesses.
Market & Competitive Research // Work with Product Marketing and others to define, oversee and conduct market and competitor research to inform long-term university operations technology vision and strategy. Analyze and translate research results into business requirements and practical product strategies. Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind.
Vendor Management // Partner with internal stakeholders to identify and assess vendors/third parties to fulfill business requirements. Manage relationships with vendors and third parties as needed to ensure adherence to contracts and successful implementation of technologies.
Communications // Work closely with departments within University Operations, GMs, MDs, partners and others to clearly communicate university operations technology vision, strategy, roadmap priority decisions, and deliverables. Communicate the rationale and value behind roadmap priorities. Conduct demonstrations of new university operations technology capabilities. Work closely with stakeholders to understand their priorities and needs to help inform long-term technologies vision and strategy.
Roadmap Management // Partner with Technology and Feature Implementation teams to proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments.
Data and Analytics // Work with the analytics team to implement a data driven framework for understanding and improving our user experiences. Define and oversee relevant metrics to measure the effectiveness of university operations technology vision and strategy.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in Product Management, Program Management, Engineering/Technology, or other digital experience roles
- At least 3 years overseeing development, implementation, and performance of digital products
- Clear understanding of and direct experience in the online education and/or higher education market a plus
- Demonstrated experience navigating the political considerations of designing complex digital solutions
- Management of complex projects against definitive and aggressive timelines in a fluid environment
- Strong understanding of and experience utilizing design-thinking best practices (e.g. empathy, requirements definition, ideation, prototyping, and testing to deliver digital products and experiences)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strategic thinker with ability to evaluate ideas and proposals within broader company objectives
- Proven ability to think “outside the box”
- Extraordinary organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding ability to communicate (written, verbal, presentation) with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to form trust based relationships quickly and lead cross-functional teams through influence (without formal authority)
- Supportive and motivating to the team and other stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Ability to work independently with credibility in a complex and often ambiguous environment, to build rigorous, fact-bases that support recommendations to team members and management
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.