What We’re Looking For:
The Faculty Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting faculty and students in utilizing classroom technology effectively and troubleshooting technical questions during virtual live sessions, as well as making detailed observations of what happens during a virtual live session to inform stakeholders of teaching and technical effectiveness. This position involves high-quality support, technical troubleshooting, assessing effective teaching, and training for our faculty. This position requires an individual who is customer-focused and tech savvy; understands adult learning strategies; is comfortable with online technologies such as Zoom and learning management systems, and is great at explaining difficult concepts in a concise format.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide exceptional service and support to faculty and students during live classroom sessions. This includes addressing technical issues as well as providing recommendations and feedback on improving the faculty member’s competency and confidence to teach online.
- Effectively train and coach faculty from 2U’s partner programs on how to effectively provide engaging student experiences via 2U’s digital learning platforms.
- Collaborate on various projects to improve the faculty experience and team operations.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Tertiary Qualification advantageous.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a service-oriented, customer support or related role.
- Demonstrated passion for customer service in the interests of the business and customer.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in telephonic engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, consistently amicable and responsive in dealing with all people, both externally and internally.
- Ability to simply convey concepts, principles and procedures via multiple channels.
- Technical proficiency in working on different systems (training will be provided).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in presentation and production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompt and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Being truly customer-centric starts with the recognition that a business exists to serve its customers. Without them, our business doesn’t exist. This requires a unique mix of servant leadership and empathy as we work to understand customers who each have a unique background and context.
- A focus on self-development is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to be invested in growth and look to jointly share and contribute to a feedback rich culture.
- You may be required to work outside of normal South African working hours (8 AM - 5 PM), a reliable form of transport is essential.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.