What We’re Looking For:
2U’s Product Marketing team plays an integral role in creating compelling product strategies for new and existing degree programs. Using deep market research and data-driven techniques, this team works across marketing, admissions, curriculum & learning and university partnerships to identify, develop and design competitive programs and recommend new growth opportunities for the degree business.
In this role, the Sr. Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for the growing portfolio of undergraduate programs across a variety of academic disciplines and innovative product solutions to win in this market. The Sr. Director of Product Marketing will play a key leadership role in driving the identification, development and deployment of new undergraduate programs and product offerings. This position requires the demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate new opportunities, develop compelling value propositions for competitive undergraduate offerings, mobilize cross-functional teams to successfully deliver programs to market, and enhance offerings in market on an ongoing basis. Reporting to the Managing Director of Degree programs, this leader will play a critical role in the future growth strategy for 2U.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Market & Financial Analysis: Demonstrate expertise in the online education market and 2U business model to develop economically viable product recommendations for the undergraduate market. Apply novel analytical tools and methodologies to evaluate, prioritize and size new partnership and program opportunities, as well as product enhancements to drive growth in the undergraduate market. Develop disruptive, data-driven strategies to solve problems in unique ways that will return value to the business.
- Portfolio & Program Strategy: Lead development of the optimal undergraduate portfolio, including designing ideal program structures for new partnerships, product offering expansions, and product enhancements. Develop compelling value proposition and “go to market” strategy for new undergraduate opportunities, including market research, long term financial projections and innovative product strategies. Evaluate program performance and conversion trends; drive product enhancements to ensure the product remains competitive in the market.
- Client & Stakeholder Management: Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, program management and other relevant teams/departments to drive effective go-to-market strategies and deliver results. Represent 2U in university partner-facing development activities where appropriate. Support the degree leadership team by identifying growth opportunities in existing and new markets.
- Team Management: Build & develop team as portfolio grows and ensure the team performs at its highest possible level.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA from a top-20 institution is recommended
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in strategy, business development, marketing or product management, ideally at a software or services company serving the undergraduate market
- A track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Deep financial acumen; experience with P&L management and/or financial model development preferred
- Strong detail orientation and follow up
- People management experience
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to make intuitive and thoughtful decisions
- Sense of humor
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.