What We’re Looking For:
As an engineer IV, you’ll be a thought leader and chief implementor of our tech stack. There is plenty of room for experimentation on how our stack can continue to evolve and it is highly encouraged.
The data engineering team is responsible for 2U’s analytical data warehouse and supporting data pipelines. We’re cloud based (AWS & Snowflake) and code mostly in Python. The team provides services for multiple stakeholders within the organization including senior management, and delivers multiple projects throughout the year.
We’re a fun bunch, everyone has a seat at the table and an ability to impact how we perform.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Leading an ad-hoc pod of engineers within a projects
- Writing maintainable, high-performance code in Python
- Maintaining data pipelines & data systems
- Migration of data platforms including redesign & refactoring of code
- Implementing technical work according to product / design specifications
- Researching new stacks & tech that can help us evolve as a team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 8+ software development / engineering background in Python
- 8+ years of SQL querying experience
- 5+ years of experience as a developer / engineer in an AWS environment
- Experience in designing data pipelines & data solutions for analytical data warehousing
- Experience in leading other engineers as a senior engineer
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Love of mentorship
- Willingness to strive both for short & long term solutions
- Experience with Snowflake & Kubernetes
- Mental agility on working on multiple projects at the same time
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.