What We’re Looking For:
2U is a SaaS-based education technology company that enables leading colleges and universities to deliver their high education to qualified students anywhere. We are looking for a Business Analyst to partner with our Product and Engineering teams to raise the bar for our suite of tools supporting external and internal user needs. If you’re passionate about shipping well-tested software and have a knack for conjuring up creative use case scenarios, you’ll fit right into our growing team here at 2U.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Working with Product Owner--as well as numerous other stakeholders--to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of user stories.
- Ensuring all user stories have clear and measurable success criteria to inform automated testing
- Organize and analyze data elements to inform product priorities and KPI tracking
- Working with the Engineering team to ensure product vision and priorities are maintained throughout development planning and execution.
- Developing and maintaining strategies, plans, scripts and cases for User Acceptance Testing purposes.
- Ensuring products have met acceptance criteria sufficient for release, including accessibility, mobile, and edge case tests
- Coordinate and Manage Releases including deployment of approved features and maintaining evidence of proper production release protocols to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Monitoring of product bug queues in order to validate, triage and prioritize fixes.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- At least 1-2 years' experience in BA or QA roles with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process, determine needs and clearly articulate as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Familiarity with Agile software development and deployment processes
- Experience with data management and reporting tools
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The urge to be part of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.