This role is essential to a newly-created Partner Communications and Engagement team as it executes a strategic communications plan for 2U’s more than 70 top-tier University Partners. The role will provide support across multiple communications projects and deliverables, campaigns, and events to meet our goals to: strengthen and deepen university partner relationships through thoughtful communication; equip 2U’s University Partnerships team to effectively engage University Partners; and empower University Partnerships executives as 2U thought leaders.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Partner Communications, the Partner Communications Coordinator will help ensure 2U’s communication with University Partners lives up to the company’s brand promise.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of the delivery of email blasts and a monthly newsletter to University Partners, from content creation to list management to formatting and publishing using email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Poppulo, or Pardot.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, story bank, and other tracking, monitoring, and measurement tools for products and projects across the Partner Communications portfolio.
- Design presentations, infographics, and other supporting collateral for strategic and pressing partner communications needs.
- Support the planning and execution of annual meeting(s) and/or special events for University Partner stakeholders.
- Support the development of partner communications content, including but not limited to talking points, emails, blog posts, backgrounders, and other partner-facing messages.
- Other duties and developmental opportunities as assigned by the Senior Director, Partner Communications.
Education and Experience:
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously for a small, start-up function.
- 1-2 years of professional work experience, preferably in a communications generalist role.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet design and management.
- Presentation and basic graphic design experience strongly preferred.
- Email marketing platform experience (such as MailChimp, Poppulo, or Pardot) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.