We are looking for individuals passionate about transforming higher education and joining an innovative team dedicated to disrupting the existing education model. We’re looking for more than your average HR Business Partner. 2U’s incredible company culture is driven by leaders in every area of our company, and it starts right here with the HR team. We’re looking for the atypical: a non-HR HR candidate who will work in employee relations, performance management and special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage 1 – 3 Business Partners and HR Coordinator
- Advise and support managers to support employee relations matters.
- Recommend and deliver disciplinary action to employees in conjunction with the manager, when applicable.
- Guide managers through the performance improvement process and coaching opportunities.
- Provide ongoing coaching to employees on documented performance management concerns.
- Conduct formal investigations, personally handle or guide resolution on a variety of complex ER matters
- Enhance existing performance improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Implement a performance management system to cascade company goals through the departments to individual goals.
- Advocate for our company culture. Ensure culture is the central tenet in the choices we make and the advice HR provides to the company in maintaining a culture of accountability and trust.
- Research new and creative training content for manager training programs.
- Implement company policies and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance with company and the operations of partner universities.
- Create and run HR reports out of the HRIS system.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in HR, Business or Communications preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- 2-3 years’ experience conducting formal investigations and handling complex ER issues
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service background.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems or reporting tools.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels. You should have the ability to approach each scenario from all perspectives
- Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to bring out other people’s potential and talents.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.