Summary of Job:
Schedule: Flexible - ability to work days, evenings, or weekends depending on the business need.
- Availability during peak seasons, typically in the months of January, May, July, and September are REQUIRED. Specific date ranges will be determined based upon business needs.
- Availability on weeknights and weekends
- Primary availability is from 5pm EST to 11pm EST with the ability to work hours outside of that time slot based on business need
- Hours: Up to 20 hours for Part-time
The Faculty Engagement and Development team empowers faculty from 2U partner universities to create an engaging digital learning environment that delivers transformative student outcomes. This position involves high-quality support, technical troubleshooting, assessing effective teaching, and training for our faculty, while undertaking special projects as needed.
The Live Classroom Support & Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for (1) supporting faculty and students in technical troubleshooting during virtual live sessions, and (2) ensuring new faculty are knowledgeable about 2U technology by preparing them to provide an outstanding online learning experience for our students. This position requires an individual who is customer-focused and tech savvy; understands adult learning strategies; is comfortable with online technologies such as Zoom or learning management systems, and is great at explaining difficult concepts in a concise format.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Live Session Support (60%)
- Provide exceptional service and support to faculty and students with technical issues in the virtual live classroom (Zoom), learning platform, and other technologies.
- Monitor live sessions and act proactively to ensure that they run smoothly in all aspects by providing effective feedback for faculty to improve their student engagement strategies.
- Document observations thoroughly and completely, which includes coordinating and escalating cases with 2U’s technical and support teams.
- Maintain white glove service approach when handling communications from faculty and students.
Onboarding Training (30%)
- Effectively train faculty on the online learning platform, virtual classroom, and other technologies, with the goal of making them self-sufficient online professors.
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with faculty.
- Adapt to changing business requirements and technologies.
- Provide strategies and best practices in utilizing 2U technologies to engage students for the best learning outcomes.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine appropriate professional development opportunities and re-training for faculty.
- Manage personal training schedule.
- Take thorough and complete documentation on training sessions.
- Collaborate with colleagues and managers on special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a service-oriented, customer support, technical support or related field (teaching experience or providing service in collegiate, university or online environment is a strong plus)
- Strong background in Customer Service, Education and/or Training
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to work quickly and accurately; must be able to multitask in high-intensity situations
- Familiarity with online learning technology a plus (Zoom, Salesforce, LMS, Adobe Connect)
- Advanced computer skills (Current Microsoft & Apple OS, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Google Applications)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner;
- Strong customer service focus; commitment to faculty and student satisfaction and success;
- Ability to work day, evening and/or weekend hours to support classroom sessions at peak times
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change;
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment, and eagerness for continual improvement of the 2U vision;
- Previous account management experience preferred.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.