Role and Responsibilities:
2U’s IT Infrastructure team is fast-paced and full of people passionate about delivering high quality technology solutions to our employees who are changing the landscape of digital education.
The Engineer I, Endpoint Systems will work on the Infrastructure Team and will be responsible for assisting with the support for all of the client endpoints at 2U such as PCs, Macs, and mobile devices. This person will ensure that all endpoints are following 2U policies and standards. They will work alongside the team leads, Security, and Compliance teams to ensure endpoints comply with policies written by both teams.
You are a competent maker, able to
- Manage endpoint devices including but not limited to laptops and tablets consisting of Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
- Leverage system management tools to manage endpoints en masse.
- Develop policies and automations to ensure that endpoints are managed to company standards.
- Handle escalations from HelpDesk regarding endpoint systems.
- Perform regular audits of all endpoint systems to ensure compliance and provide reports to stakeholders.
- Maintain software deployment packages for endpoints and perform regular patching of client machines.
- Support and maintain endpoint (laptop) imaging system.
- Optimize the end user experience through enhancements and streamlining of the endpoint clients.
Education and Professional Experience:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience managing endpoint systems.
- Experience working in a cloud-centric environment supporting SaaS oriented tools.
- Familiarity with Mac OS, Windows 7/10, iOS, and Android.
- Familiarity with imaging technologies such as JAMF, WDS, or SCCM.
- Familiarity with developing endpoint policies to optimize user experience.
- Familiarity with software patching and deployment (OS and 3rd party).
- Familiarity with various scripting languages (powershell, bash)
- Familiarity working in Agile development workflows (Scrum, Kanban, or similar).
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure including LAN, WAN, Telecom, and Server Administration.
- Service focus: commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse user base with a variety of needs and problems to solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: you have a desire to share knowledge and mentor others
- Mature organizational skills: you are fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies.
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.