We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join and help grow our top notch Accounting team. The ideal candidate must be able to balance delivering exceptional performance in a fun, energetic and entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Accountant will maintain the daily operations of the accounting department and participate in monthly closings, accounts payable processing, preparation of the monthly profit and loss statements, and will maintain balance sheet schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial statements and month end reporting
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including preparation of journal entries, P&L review and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support SEC reporting, including preparing 10-K’s and 10-Q’s
- Interact with Sr. Financial Analyst regularly to accommodate needs of financial office
- Produce monthly Profit and Loss statements
- Prepare audit schedules and work closely with the auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Payable workload
- Responsible for special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental related duties as necessary
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- 2-4 years of accounting experience required, experience in big 4 and/or public accounting strongly preferred
- Experience in service-based industry preferred
- Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills with experience using all MS Office applications; strong knowledge of Excel required
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning software highly preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task
- Financial reporting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
- Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to bring out other people’s potential and talents
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.