What We're Looking For:
2U’s Product Marketing team plays an integral role in providing the research and analysis necessary to help 2U’s University Partnerships team target new program opportunities and support the ongoing management of existing programs. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing, this individual will develop and manage the tools, resources, and processes required to effectively research, evaluate, and develop new degree program opportunities, optimize existing programs, explore business model expansion, analyze market and competitive models, and assist with recommended curricular timelines and design across a portfolio of degree verticals
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Team management// Oversee the performance and development of the Product Marketing analysts ensuring that they are meeting and exceeding all work requirements. Responsible for ensuring that the team performs at its highest possible level
- Portfolio Strategy// Lead and own the program product strategy across a suite of verticals. This includes, but is not limited to owning the initial “go to market” strategy for all new program opportunities, owning and advocating for the ideal products for new and existing programs, identifying product enhancement opportunities for programs not performing in an optimal manner, and providing strategic direction across each of the verticals they are responsible for
- Vertical Expertise// Using existing business insights and market research, play the role of vertical expert for a portfolio of verticals that 2U operates in. Build and manage tools and processes necessary for 2U sales team to successfully close new partnerships across portfolio of verticals. Ensure tools are in place and Product’s recommendations are effectively communicated to all key stakeholders, ensuring that they are both informed and bought-in to new and unique aspects of program design and best practices and research are understood
- Client and Stakeholder Engagement// Represent 2U in university partner-facing development activities where appropriate. Pitch senior leadership on strategic recommendations
- Innovation// Research and evaluate alternative curricular models leading to unique business expansion opportunities; develop new tools, easily accessed and utilized by senior members of the 2U team, for outlining and evaluating alternative business model expansion; evaluate new business opportunities outside of traditional graduate programs such as certificates, and professional certifications
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred from a top Business School
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
- A clear understanding of the higher education landscape, curricular structure and approval processes
- Demonstrated experience navigating the political considerations of designing complex online programs in the higher education sector
- Management of complex projects against definitive and extremely aggressive timelines
- Leadership and management in the absence of direct line authority
- Managing in complex and fluid environments
- Background in financial modeling a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Extraordinary organizational and management skills
- Outstanding tendency and ability to communicate (written, verbal, presentation) with all stakeholders
- Strategic and tactical problem solver including facility with using data and analytics
- Able to form trust based relationships quickly while being appropriately assertive
- Supportive and motivating to the team and other stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.