What We’re Looking For
The Licensure/Credential Specialist is responsible for researching, understanding, and maintaining programmatic details that involve 2U powered programs leading to professional licensure or credentials. The Licensure/Credential Specialist will help guide internal teams and University partners on state-specific requirements students will be required to complete in order to obtain a license/credential in their chosen field of study.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completing the research, data collection, as necessary, for programs that lead to professional licensure/credential
- Finding, interpreting, and staying abreast of federal and state regulations relevant to various industries
- Building and maintaining records to be shared with internal and external teams and help influence complex decision-making processes
- Interfacing with 50+ state licensure boards, University partners, and internal stakeholders to provide regulations, reports/responses, advisements, and specific state requirements for professional licensure/credential programs and students
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with state boards and agencies, University partners, and internal stakeholders
- Partnering with the state authorization team to determine the appropriate states to market, enroll, and place students
- Working with other functional areas within the Compliance Department on special projects
Things That Should Be In Your Background
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working with federal, state or local regulatory authorities
- Experience finding and interpreting federal and state laws and regulations
- Ability to manage, prioritize and complete current projects
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent computer skills (GSuite, Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Knowledge of Educational Credentialing/Licensure a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.