What We're Looking For:
2U is looking for an Sr. SEO Manager to play a key role in growing the organic footprint for a number of 2U Partners via organic marketing, while acting as a thought leader internally and externally with our school partners. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for marketing and higher education to drive organic strategy and build a team to support organic marketing initiatives.
You’ll be responsible for filling a funnel that generates hundreds of students for our university partners.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Grow and manage directly a team of 3-5 coordinators and analysts, who individually oversee 5+ websites. Provide necessary guidance, training, and clear communication on project priorities to your team
- Drive SEO strategy for internal teams by powering content, technical, and off-page projects, with goal to increase revenue
- Drive program-specific goal setting and project planning. Design projects focused on priorities and targets, and monitor overall performance, while reporting regularly to leadership.
- Create new frameworks that increase efficiencies of entire SEO team and work with Content, Creative, and others to do so.
- Oversee portfolio-level SEO Performance using BrightEdge, Search Console, Google Analytics, and Internal Dashboards.
- Educate internal teams and school partners about SEO best practices and the latest trends
- Perform Competitive analysis in the ever-changing education space
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a business, data, or communications related field is a plus); Graduate degree a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years SEO/Organic search marketing experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in SEO lead generation sites; bonus if in education space.Familiarity with leading a team with various levels of experience and expertise, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and research skills.
- Proven track record of scalable SEO tactics
- Successful advocacy for organic search & inbound marketing in your last organization
- Deep understanding of:
- Google Analytics, Webmaster and other third-party keyword research, SEO and optimization tools
- Current data visualization tools, Tableau preferred
- Brightedge (or similar SEO platform: Conductor, Searchmetrics)
- Majestic (or similar: Moz, Ahrefs)
- A web analytics platform (Google Analytics preferred)
- Google Adwords
- Search Console
- Strong attention to detail, love of process-building, and desire to help grow a business unit.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, at various levels of the organization, and their needs.
- An interest in developing entry-level coordinators.
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and user experience techniques
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid & organic search works together
- Experience creating client facing reporting
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous concepts and distilling them into sound deliverables.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.