Summary of Job:
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of 2U design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and pursue forward-thinking design.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Have a refined aesthetic, thoughtful explorations, flawless output.
- Experience with prototyping for internal proof of concepts, usability testing and stakeholder presentation.
- Knowledge and experience of web accessibility standards in visual and UX design.
- Understanding of product research phases, user testing, and applying user feedback.
- Ability to work with PMs and BAs to understand how design decisions will help achieve a product's overall strategy and major goals.
- Experience iterating and evolving a holistic design system. Understand how to deliver, and annotate design components for internal use and engineering implementation.
Education and Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a creative or design related field.
- A portfolio showcasing case studies of UX design work. We will be looking for your ability to solve problems from analysis to execution.
- A portfolio of visual design work showcasing your ability to deliver high-quality UI artifacts.
- Experience working with industry standard tools. We use Sketch, Invision, Principle, and Zeplin. However, equivalent software experience is acceptable.
Travel when necessary.
1 direct report
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.