We’re looking for a junior copywriter to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least 1 year of experience writing marketing copy (webpages, advertising, and/or email campaigns).
The junior copywriter is expected to craft compelling messaging for diverse audiences. The junior copywriter works directly with marketing stakeholders as well as with creative team designers and multimedia specialists.
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to samples with your application and cover letter.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Write copy — display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc. — that supports the marketing efforts of 2U partner programs.
- Create original, persuasive copy that promotes and differentiates 2U’s partner programs’ unique benefits.
- Work from creative briefs submitted by stakeholders.
- Manage multiple project deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy.
Establish and maintain relationships with marketing stakeholders across brand marketing, SEO, web analytics, and advertising operations teams.
- Manage and maintain copy assets for multiple programs and act as a point-of-contact for those programs.
- Present work to stakeholders and offer clear, strategic rationales that support creative.
- Approach projects collaboratively, working with stakeholders across marketing as well as writers and designers on the creative team.
Act as a member of a large creative team, upholding the goals and values of the team while driving the work forward.
- Grow as a writer while learning a range of data-driven marketing tactics.
- Work closely with other members of the creative team, including writers, designers, videographers, animators, and team leadership.
- Communicate concerns, challenges, ideas, and solutions with manager and/or team leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of AP and Chicago style; strong proofreading skills
- Experience in higher education is a plus
- Experience working as a writer in an agency setting a plus
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadline simultaneously
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction
- Ability to learn from others while acting assertively
- Interest in best practices and emerging developments in digital marketing
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.