2U is looking for an experienced leader to assume the VP of Performance Media role within the Demand Generation team, reporting to the SVP of Paid Marketing.
In this role, you will assume leadership responsibilities across growing, global product lines and channels while still being able to roll up your sleeves to dig in and problem solve with a talented team. You will be responsible for the performance of media channels, setting the agenda for testing and prioritization and the development of new technologies and capabilities that fuel efficiency and growth. You will also lead all external partner relationships at our media partners like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and our external agency relationships. You will have direct leadership over US-based media teams and dotted line influence over a growing media practice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Reporting to this leader will be four to five managers who are leading teams of focused media management and creative optimization.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Own the channel strategy and results for Search, Social, Display, Affiliate and others
- Closely manage agency partner relationships
- Ensure all efforts are focused on profitably generating prospects and applicants
- Develop strategies for channel performance across funnel stages including prospecting, remarketing and nurturing
- Ensure 100% safety of our partners’ brands
- Constantly test within existing and new channels
- Partner with direct reports, SVP and CMO, and analyst partners to develop internally-facing team goals and roadmap
Relationships, Business Development and Growth
- Build powerful relationships with Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and our top Affiliate partners
- Closely manage agency partner relationships
- Develop new channels and partnerships through development of new affiliate partners and direct to publisher relationships
- Work with BD team to identify new opportunities and lead contract development
- Work with internal 2U teams such as legal, brand and others to close new deals and relationships
Develop and Train High Performing Team
- Directly manage three experienced managers and support their development
- Collaborate with managers on career growth and development for the team
- Hire and retain top talent; structure the team around the needs of the business
- Set hiring budgets based on growth needs and ensure positions are placed
- Ensure teams are receiving proper training, development and exposure/experiences
Technology, Tools and Capabilities
- Develop a growth-focused road map with each key partner
- Influence partner’s road maps based on 2U’s business and technology needs
- Develop and implement capabilities that improve automation, speed to market, efficiency and quality of media performance; that reduce risk; and that better utilize our data for decision making through Machine Learning
- Ensure new capabilities are fully deployed with in-house teams and agency partners
Global Media Influence
- Dotted line leadership responsibilities with media practice in Cape Town, SA
- Support a strong media practice across product lines and geographies through increasingly best-in-class hiring, training and management approaches
- Support global road map for capabilities in concert with direct and indirect reports
- Ensure global media partners are serving 2U business across product lines
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Must have experience in running large budgets for direct response channels
- Deep expertise with Paid Social and Search acquisition marketing
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing technologies and new developments in the space
- Proven experience with automated bidding techniques and media automation
- Proven ability to develop and lead an innovation roadmap
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proficiency in interpreting data
- Proven ability to manage and lead a high-performing team
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.