We’re on the search for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and strategic leader to drive engagement with one of 2U’s university partnerships. The VP/GM will manage both the relationship with the university, along with all cross-functional internal operations related to the partnership. Our ideal candidate will possess superior relationship building skills and an unmatched business acumen.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage all 2U operations related to the university partnership; measure performance of company goals and proactively establish targets for improvement
- Partner with Dean/Provost level, as well as other leadership at the school and across the university to ensure program success
- Act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services
- Develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development
- Effectively build and manage relationship with the university; act as the relationship manager for 2U and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology)
- Directly manage Program Operations staff
- Serve as subject matter expert for market space and curriculum for the 2U organization
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- 7-10 years’ experience managing external clients/partners and leading large scale internal operations
- Record of success with entrepreneurial approach to building and sustaining effective partnerships and business operations in both dynamic matrix environment and established environment
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Confident decision-making abilities and an ability to lead people in order to get results
- Proven success in a matrix management environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability work and contribute in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.