The Senior Technical Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring a positive user experience for 2U students and faculty by providing proactive, comprehensive, and exceptional customer service.
You will be the critical “second line of defense” in executing 2U’s expected white glove service level for its students and faculty. The Senior Technical Support Specialist takes escalated calls, emails and chats from enrolled students and faculty who need technical assistance. You will also resolve or escalate all incoming cases regarding faculty or students as well as assist with new hire training, onboarding, and projects as assigned.
The shift for this position is: Sunday - Thursday 1:30PM -10:00PM.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Handle escalated cases to resolve advanced technical issues with users systems including network issues, proprietary systems, audio conferencing platforms, general computer issues and other systems.
- Perform remote desktop support to assist end users in resolving issues.
- Strong competency in root cause analysis and communicate findings to customers.
- Correspond with 2U departments and internal cross-functional teams to promptly resolve student and faculty issues.
- Requires independent thinking/problem solving skills and proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Create technical reports, develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate the department's operating KPI’s, area of improvements, and trends analysis.
- Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current processes and exercise judgment in the decision-making process in order to provide consistent excellent customer service.
- Provide training on troubleshooting, technical advice and direction to internal and external team members.
- Assist in the creation of knowledge and training documentation for other support tiers, other departments, and end users.
- Assist with training new hires and coordinating new hire on-boarding.
- Ability to work independently and as groups to complete projects.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the departmental management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4+ years experience working in a service-oriented customer support, technical support, or other support-related field.
- Experience assisting customers using phone, email, and chat software.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and see assignments through to completion.
- Ability to identify service improvement opportunities and automation proposals to improve service quality.
- Ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Advanced knowledge current Apple, Microsoft Operating Systems, and video conferencing software.
- Advanced knowledge in SaaS support.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior knowledge of online learning technology and experience in the education industry
- Advanced knowledge in mobile application support..
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to fully articulate complex technical solutions to non-technical people in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.