The Manager, Digital Media Strategy is responsible for being a leader in all paid social and display tactics while managing a multi-million dollar portfolio of media spend across various paid channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Display, etc.). This role will own performance monitoring for all programs within the portfolio as well as each program’s audience makeup, creative testing, bid optimizations, etc. This role has ownership of the full lifecycle of testing new scalable prospect driving opportunities and is responsible for driving innovation through new paid media practices. In addition, this role is responsible for overseeing a team of digital media specialists and coordinators who manage paid media campaigns with a focus on media performance and driving individual development.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a multi-million dollar paid social and display budget for a diverse portfolio of 2U partner programs; responsible for the media strategy, execution and optimization of all program’s under their scope.
- Directly manage a team of media coordinators and specialists with responsibility to drive their performance to hit established goals and support their professional development.
- Provide decision support and participate in various demand generation projects; work with cross-functional teams, providing impactful insight, media segmentation analysis and media innovation recommendations.
- Own the full lifecycle of testing new scalable prospect driving opportunities and program growth plans.
- Full ownership of large-scale strategic initiatives that has a portfolio wide impact on the business; responsible for supporting his/her direct reports throughout the entire strategic initiative lifecycle.
- Responsible for assisting the Sr. Director with strengthening & growing relationships with ad partners; helps develop the product and testing roadmap with ad partners (Facebook, Google, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in in-house or agency paid media management
- 2+ years experience managing, mentoring, and/or growing a team of peers and subordinates
- Background in direct response / performance based marketing
- Extensive knowledge & experience of multiple paid social and display channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google display, etc.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of media spend exceeding $5M
- Extensive working knowledge in marketing/analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, and Facebook Power Editor
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach to media
- Experience managing, mentoring, and growing a team of peers and subordinates
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.