About the Team:
The Academic Product team makes up the core of outward-facing user experience of 2U’s product offering and the technology used by faculty and Curriculum & Learning team to plan and assemble both asynchronous and synchronous content.
This is the “face” of 2U insofar as it is the destination for students, faculty, administrators and support users alike to interact with each other, share information, consume content, and perform the necessary operations to complete a degree with a 2U partner. Our goal is to create an enterprise-class course management product suite and world class learning and teaching experience platform that’s scalable and flexible.
We are motivated to build a team where members bring sound computer science fundamentals and a diverse set of skills and experiences to the table. We are looking for experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Experience in distributed systems, including fault tolerant design, event sourcing and other distributed system architectural patterns
- Proficient in container technology like Docker, and familiarity with Swarm/Kubernetes/Mesos
- Significant backend programming experience in multiple languages
- Ruby, Python, or node.js experience
- Systems programming or Go, Swift, Elixir/erlang, Rust
- Linux/unix fundamentals
- Experience working with queue systems, such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, and so on
- Experience with key-value stores and/or distributed databases (Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- AWS and cloud infrastructure
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU):
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U:
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.