The Online Course Iteration Manager is responsible for gathering, analyzing and scoping revisions to asynchronous coursework across select university programs. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to balance academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Solicit iterative data regarding in-scope changes to courses from university faculty in a timely, well-organized and efficient manner in advance of relaunch
- Compile iterative data into project management system
- Advise faculty on best approaches to implementation within proprietary technologies
- Define, frame and communicate the scope and nature of changes to support personnel for implementation
- Track and manage the development and progress of iterative work from intake through handoff
- Review all iterative activity in assigned programs for quality and consistency
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues resulting from errors in asynchronous coursework as they arise
- Contribute to an overall sense of calm and confidence around the course iteration process by being a readily available and highly knowledgeable resource to internal and external stakeholders
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- 4+ years of client-facing experience in an online course development/maintenance environment
- Project management experience in a web development/maintenance environment
- Familiarity with Moodle (or other similar LMS), HTML, AWS and Jira
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and proprietary technologies quickly
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Content sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of academic subject matter
- Highest commitment to quality and delivery of courses on-time and on-budget
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, professional manner
- Strong client-centered focus with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
- Ability to work and contribute in a team context or independently
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a dynamic culture
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.