What We're Looking For
The Senior Analyst, Performance Analytics reports into the Manager, Performance Analytics and is responsible for tactical execution on analytical projects aimed at improving retention and graduation rates for 2U programs, and improving operational efficiencies of business centered teams. The Performance Analytics team focuses on four functional areas: enablement and operations management, business intelligence and retention analysis, product and workforce analysis, and analytical methodological development. These four functional areas support 2U’s academic success and program management departments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete analytical aspects (data wrangling, report and dashboard creation, significance testing) of short-term and long-term projects congruent with timelines established from project roadmap or by management.
- Respond to and complete ad-hoc data reporting and analysis requests from various stakeholders.
- Provide strategic recommendations of analytical findings through several channels: reports, presentations, and discussions.
- Partner with key stakeholders to discuss and maintain awareness of operational risks and opportunities, and provide data driven solutions.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3+ years of experience using SQL(or other relational database) to solve business or operational problems
- 3+ years of experience using Tableau to build enterprise wide reports and dashboards
- 4+ years of experience using data to solve business and operational challenges
You are someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (from a business, economics, or math related field is a plus)
- Likes to get their hands dirty in data and provide solutions to internal stakeholders on key business issues
- Takes a consultative approach to problem solving and works well in ambiguity
- Has a strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Background or coursework in Statistics, Economics or Business
- Prior experience in SQL, R, and Tableau
- The ability to multi-task, stay organized and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
- The ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information in a tactful manner
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.