Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About our Internships
2K’s summer internships are paid internship opportunities, 10 weeks long, focused on both functional and professional growth. Internships include weekly learning sessions with senior leadership, networking opportunities, and fun and engaging projects that have real-world impact.
2K’s summer internship program runs June through August at our 2K Publishing HQ in Novato, California. The internship program is open to all U.S residents who are students at the time of internship. The pace is fast, the atmosphere is fun, and we’ll push and challenge you to learn and grow beyond anything you’d expect. It’s truly a unique and rewarding experience.
What We Need
The Product Live Services Intern is a member of the 2K Product & Live Services team and participates in building player engagement & live services strategy and execution to meet the needs of players and studios worldwide. You will work with and learn about video game development, production, marketing, Live Services, and more. In this role, you will deliver 1-2 key projects that inform strategies and/or identify impactful opportunities to improve player experiences.
What You Will Do
- Strategic Planning & Execution – Build a player-centric Live Service vision, objective, and roadmap in close partnership with partner teams (studios, production, marketing, and more). This could include:
- Player segmentation & lifecycle strategy
- In-game Stores & Content (volume, mix, release cadence, pricing, etc.)
- Limited Time Game Modes & Events
- Post-launch Progression Systems (Seasons, Battle Passes, Objectives, Challenges, etc.)
- Player Onboarding & Education Systems (both in- and out-of-game)
- Personalized / targeted content systems (messages, gifts, offers, etc.)
- Identify 2-3 key opportunities to influence or inform game development decisions with market intelligence and/or competitive research
- Develop a live service feature, event or content test proposal for an active 2K title, outlining core goals, requirements, deliverables, timelines and key stakeholders
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding ‘WHY’ and ‘So What’. Successful candidates are often self-starters that are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity. You enjoy structuring problems, working collaboratively to understand the needs of different groups, and making informed recommendations based on research & analysis.
- Enrolled in either a college or university at time of the internship
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Work independently, managing multiple priorities and tight timelines
- Ability to manage a complex, creative, and fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to work collaboratively across numerous internal and external teams
- Ability to communicate insights using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Interest in games and learning about player behaviors
- SQL / Tableau skills a plus, but not required
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be $25 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base rates of pay (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.