Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated Manager to join the Marketing Insights Team. This individual will work cross-functionally with Franchise Marketing Teams, Channel Marketing Teams, and Analytics. Ensuring that audience insights are used to drive deliberate marketing strategies, effective product positioning.
This role is all about representing the player. You will identify challenges that can be addressed with player insights. Collect data through primary and secondary sources, analyse data to identify the needs and behaviours of our gamers, and ultimately use findings to inform our marketing strategies. A solid understanding of the gaming industry is required, with research methodologies, and consumer marketing.
This is a fixed term role, based in our Dublin office, reporting into our Director of Global Marketing Insights.
What You Will Do:
Work collaboratively with our Brand and Performance Marketing, Growth, Analytics, and Creative teams to optimise marketing strategies and budgets based on audience and campaign data
- Conduct research to identify player preferences and behaviours that impact marketing and commercial performance
- Analyse player data to define target audiences, outline messaging that resonates with each audience, and identify most effective channels to reach each audience
- Analyse internal 2K customer data to calculate market potential of consumer segments and see opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Partner with Analytics to understand the relationship between campaign metrics and commercial metrics to optimise spend
- Identify optimisation opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Create and distribute presentations, reports and/or dashboards to empower others teams with audience data
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have a strategic mind, knowledge of consumer marketing metrics and standards. Comfortable working collaboratively to drive sophisticated marketing tactics and analyses. Independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership to partner with teams in pursuit of answers. Creative problem solvers, and self-starters with passion and enthusiasm for getting results tend to succeed.
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, or related fields
- 5+ years of professional experience in consumer insights, business strategy, growth marketing, or marketing analytics
Displays the following skills:
- Research Methods: Ability to scope and design research efforts based on the challenge at hand
- Data and Trend Analysis: Ability to analyse raw data, draw conclusions, and develop useful recommendations
- Communication Skills: Ability to break down sophisticated analysis and communicate findings with diverse partner groups
- Gaming Expertise: Passionate about gaming and brings informed perspective to each discussion
- Comfort with Ambiguity: Ability to implement autonomously in sophisticated, fluid situations
- Relationship Building: Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully manage and deliver against expectations
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6.30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.