MOTION CAPTURE STAGE TECHNICIAN
Who We Are: 2K Mocap is looking for an enthusiastic Stage Technician to join our Motion
Capture team. We work closely with developers and artists to capture performance data, audio
and video assets. We operate two state of the art Mocap stages built for capturing body and facial
data for a range of AAA titles and are always looking for ways to test and implement new
technology. We foster a professional environment based on integrity, collaboration, two-way
feedback, motivation, efficiency, and problem solving. Every day brings different challenges. From
full court basketball, to wrestling moves, car chases, to mayhem fueled adventure; you will be in
the midst of its capture.
You will learn from knowledgeable industry professionals how to operate our equipment and
execute our pipelines with respect to body, audio and facial data. You will also contribute to the
daily tasks of the performance capture process and daily upkeep of the studio including:
● Data quality assurance.
● Video and Head Mounted Camera (HMC) asset quality checks.
● Calibrating and operating the capture system and ROM Volume.
● Markering the talent and facilitating flow of morning operations.
● Maintenance of the mocap volume, our equipment, and wardrobe.
● Setting up and breaking down sets.
● Making and markering props.
● Shoot preparation.
● Assist in facilitating a shoot day from talent suit up, through a range of motion, to
supporting their performances on the stage and everything in between.
● Communicating statuses of talent and assets to the Stage team during a shoot day.
● Real Time actor and props streaming on set.
● Facial capture acquisition and maintenance of the HMC equipment.
● Stage documentation upkeep.
Who We Think Would Be a Great Fit:
● You have an aptitude for learning while taking and giving direction tactfully.
● You value a positive attitude, comradery and are detail oriented.
● You have a solid understanding of MotionBuilder and Maya.
● You have experience operating a motion capture system (Optitrak or Vicon).
● You have an understanding of acquisition and post production pipelines.
● You stay focused and alert in a busy atmosphere always looking for ways to improve
efficiency under tight deadlines.
● You are comfortable interacting with talent (actors and athletes), and developers.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
● Constantly striving to keep abreast of the next generation of mocap pipelines and
processes excites you.
● You are able to stay calm under pressure.
● You understand the importance of teamwork.
● You are comfortable moving sets, mounting cameras, and contributing to overall upkeep of
● Experience in game development is a plus.
● 2+ years motion capture industry experience or related internship. Experience on stage is
● Education in the field of 3D Animation or Motion Capture.
● Participation in setting up a mocap system is a plus.
● Proficient with Autodesk MotionBuilder and Maya.
○ Able to stream motion capture data in real time
● Knowledge audio editing, motion capture data cleaning, and programming are a plus.
● Experience with facial capture hardware and acquisition is a plus.
● Having achieved Real Time data streaming in Unreal is a plus