Live Services Analyst – NBA
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
We are seeking a skilled, self-motivated Live Services Analyst to develop and refine data-driven, test-based approaches to assist strategy and drive execution for our NBA2K franchise. Responsible for reporting on Live Services initiatives and advising strategy by consistently providing relevant and impactful recommendations founded in data.
You will partner with a team of analysts, working cross functionally with Growth Strategy, brand and performance marketing, product development and other key teams, to identify, model and implement solutions.
Passionate about gaming and analytics-driven decision-making, you are a curious person that creates their own questions. Methodical (but agile), objective and hypothesis-driven, you are comfortable parsing large data sets (but experienced enough to know how much data is actually required and where in the data to look for each answer), proactive and rigorous in testing hypotheses, and eager to uncover useful insights that help move the needle for 2K.
You must have a solid understanding of video games and the video games industry to make sense of the data, extract interesting and actionable learning, communicate findings and influence business decisions. Being a solution oriented, creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive the results for meaningful changes are also going to be very critical for this role.
What You Will Do
- Serving as the guide for player engagement through in-game analysis of player interactions with game features, player lifecycle trends, and engagement of magnetisable content
- Developing framework to objectively measure the impact of Live Service initiatives on engagement and monetization and building sustainable tracking to monitor player behavior
- Evaluating and forecasting new opportunities in game features and content, working with various partners to pitch new business cases
- Communicating ongoing performance trends, strategic insights and optimization recommendations to Live Services leadership
- Partnering with our Growth Strategy team to provide overall business and in-game analysis across regions and platforms to help partner teams to develop strategies of their own
- Supporting content/SKU planning and content pricing by analyzing content consumption trends, in-game economy, and monetization behavior
- Advising weekly performance commentary and deliver monthly performance updates and case studies for partner & commercial discussions
- Responsible for working collaboratively with, and gaining consensus to frameworks and strategies from a variety of teams including product, marketing and data science
What We Need
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another quantitative subject area)
- 2+ years of experience in analytics with large, sophisticated and multi-dimensional data sets
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgement to drive sophisticated scenario models and apply insights to strategy and planning
- Strong experience with relational databases, SQL (experience with Vertica and/or Snowflake is a big plus) or experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig or other NoSQL DBs
- Excellent communication skills, with a consistent record of working across all levels of the organization, disseminate the information and educating others
- Experience working with financial and behavioral/engagement data
- Strong Excel (incl. VBA macros, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint skill required
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau preferred
- Past roles with global execution is a plus
- Video games experience is definitely preferred but not required.
- Technically not a "skill", but you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.