WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
You have a keen ability to understand and translate high level direction and feedback into day-to-day execution and compass heading for individual team members. Your extensive 2D/3D character art experience from visdev to final render will lend credibility to feedback. Your strong verbal and visual communication skills to help amplify art director and vision
With your eye for detail, you’ll apply expert level art judgment on form, perspective, color, style, composition and movement to evangelize the Art Director’s vision in a way that gives the confidence and authority to own the art quality. With your collaborative style, you will facilitate close partnerships with the Art Director, Art leads, and the Production team to oversee the creation and completion of the art vision for the game, ensuring art demands are met on time and to schedule while upholding the quality bar and are delivered in support of design and technical requirements.
- Evangelize and articulate the Art Director’s vision, ensuring all creative material is consistently aligned with the game vision and is of exceptional high quality.
- Establish and drive an art culture that engages talent, maximizes team potential, and encourages proactive cross-discipline collaboration to deliver the best possible player experience.
- Build, mentor and direct a team of artists across a global studio structure with quality and culture paramount through-out development.
- Be responsible for the art team health including team morale, providing effective oversight of team training and resourcing needs, as well as direct mentoring and development to 'level-up' artists.
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process.
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art and assist in supporting all external art requirements to help promote the game pre, and post launch.
Who you are:
- Experience managing a large group of artists with a deep understanding of how game art/visual design supports gameplay, UX, narrative, and brand positioning/marketing.
- You’ve shipped and supported at least one title as an Art Lead or equivalent and are ready to take the next step in your career.
- Highly motivated, flexible and approachable while providing direction, guidance, and mentoring tailored to the skill level of team members across all Art disciplines.
- Familiar with game pipelines and their restrictions.
- A passion for creating games.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: