At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love being on the front lines of gamer experience creation? Do you obsess of details of flow, timing, and responsiveness? Do you get excited about simplified controls, intuitive wrappers, and cross-discipline teams coming together to create sleek interfaces to control sophisticated systems? Are you a teammate who enjoys collaborating with designers, artists, and engineers to tackle challenging problems? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is looking for a UI/UX Engineer to work with our incredible UI/UX and engineering teams to design and build high-availability, high-scale, production systems for the WWE 2K franchise.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, implement, and debug code for UI/UX
- Continuously address issues related to performance, stability, and extensibility of UI systems
- Collaborate with UI/UX artists and pod engineers on technical issues
- Interpret and translate UI/UX team needs to technical requirements
- Evaluate and recommend tools and processes to ensure highest quality and performance is achieved
- Apply technical expertise to resolve programming and design challenges
- Work with leads on the technical roadmap for year-on-year investment in UI system features
- Grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology
- Drive initiatives to improve our production pipelines, technology, tools, and systems, to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience building and operating sophisticated UI/UX
- Proficient in C/C++; knowledge of C#
- Knowledgable of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to debug large scale codebases using available tools
- Collaborative; able to influence across the organization
- Passion for motion graphics and visual design
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com