Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of outstanding games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to encourage all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do their best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Do you want to create unforgettable engagement with our beloved fans, and help foster word of mouth for our games and the brand of 2K far beyond the universe of our own channels? Do you love understanding the human truths of our fans, to truly understand what makes them tick, what drives them to engage? Do you drive strategic decisions with data, creative ingenuity, and a few guts and heart? This is our team culture. If that’s you, then the rest below will apply.
Our 2K Brand at large is looking for an experienced Global Social Media Manager to handle the global social media strategy for the Global 2K Brand channels. Under the direction of the Director of Social Media, the Global Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and completing the worldwide social media strategy of the 2K Brand related to all game campaigns, evergreen culture and industry participation, corporate profile, and what we value. This role will also ensure the strategy is applied across our worldwide regional channels.
As the first member of our 2K Brand Social Media team, you will develop a social campaign and channel-specific strategies for major platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and foster exploration of platforms such as TikTok, Twitch, and YouTube where our content and engagement tactics will resonate best. You will oversee the development of creative content across all brand channel pillars that excites, educates, and engages our growing international audience of players from conceptualization to publication and measurement.
This is a meaningful role with growth potential that will require high levels of collaboration and communication across multiple stakeholders between Brand, PR, Influencer, Community, and Studio.
What You Will Do
- Help define and execute the global social media strategy for the 2K Brand channels, including methods to attract new fans, retention, and engagement from owned and earned channels, balancing global brand objectives with local territory considerations.
- Manage and execute day-to-day global social activities and channel engagement, working with internal cross-functional teams, development teams, and external agencies as needed.
- Liaise and lead new processes for our regional territories to adopt the 2K Brand channel strategy at a global level, and help foster their unique regional approaches.
- Develop creative briefs and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Supervise and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to advise decisions. Proactively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, escalate potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Establish and advocate for owned and earned channel best practices including content strategy and optimization as well as platform usage.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to global stakeholders.
- Compile and distribute regular social-related metric reports on an agreed cadence or crisis management, ensuring upwards visibility, as well as helping advise what metrics are valuable.
- Build relations and tightly collaborate with the Core, Sports, and Mobile games Social Media teams to ensure their constant alignment with our strategic plans.
- Keep a constant finger on the pulse of social media trends in our industry, entertainment, consumer products, and sports that can inspire and drive our initiatives.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for someone who is a social content strategist at heart, extremely passionate about content marketing and engagement and is truly hungry for this craft. They should be passionate gamer who is plugged into internet culture. Bonus if you’re passionate about at least a few recent 2K games (know our history!). They should be savvy about regional cultural insights and have first-hand experience collaborating as part of an international team. This person should be creatively-driven and able to tell engaging stories through social content. They should be independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to enhance what we do to drive engagement and retention while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. This person must have the capacity to understand and always think about the big picture to make daily decisions that are aligned with the overall global marketing strategy. This person must be extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of social media or community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer, entertainment, or similar brand.
- Experience developing global social strategies advised by regional insights in collaboration with international stakeholders.
- Skilled with enterprise social publishing tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout Social, or Social Bakers, and listening tools such as Synthesio, Talkwalker, Spiketrap, Netbase, etc. Including a deep understanding of social media KPI’s and analyzing either on platform, Google Analytics, or related.
- A social media enthusiast with experience building communities on, and practical knowledge of, social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc. as well as community platforms like Discord, and Reddit. Experience with first-party community hubs is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience a plus.
- Strong project management skills and a high degree of comfort handling multiple projects.
- Solid understanding of/passion for video games and pop culture is crucial.
- And really, you must know our portfolio, our history, our icons. Be ready.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.