Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
Reporting to the Global Digital and Social Marketing Director, Sports Games, this role is an integral part of the Digital and Social function, based in the Novato, California. Acting as the key advocate for our WWE & PGA Tour title, this role is responsible for bringing the brand experience to life throughout our digital ecosystem. This role works directly with territory leads and other functional leads to influence and guide best in class platform practices across all 2K Sports owned channels.
Serving as one of the first consumer touch points, this role is responsible to keep a pulse on market trends in the digital space. As a platform expert, the need to evaluate the 2K digital ecosystem is imperative to the success of the team and this role. Analyzing data, competitive insights and brand health will be needed to identify efficiencies and best practices across platforms and to deliver on commercial objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Create, manage, and execute community and social marketing strategies and plans for WWE 2K and PGA Tour 2K while working closely with global marketing and territory teams.
- Work across teams to create great content that will engage the Sports audience and grow the community.
- Community advocate: Support developer team to engage with the community, understand their concerns and desires, and help relay those to relevant teams.
- Be an expert of the WWE 2K and PGA Tour 2K consumer: Know the community, where they are, how they interact, and speak their language, interacting with them constantly and technologies, and be visible and helpful on them.
- Games evangelist: Learn WWE 2K and PGA Tour 2K inside-and-out and be able to evangelize in any situation and to any audience.
- Work closely with PR and marketing on social marketing content plans and execution.
- Work with and manage supporting external vendors who support our social and community efforts.
- Identify and assist key influencers from across the community, wherever they may be found, working with them to build community initiatives.
- Track and report on KPIs, being able to read and synthesize broad community sentiment and social activity on key topics. Pro-actively inform other departments of potential issues and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and raising customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments
- Monitor and evaluate marketplace trends to ensure that 2K websites evolve and continue to be competitive over time
- Work with contracted translators to ensure that web content is published in all supported languages
- Analyze web content performance to inform the direction of future content initiatives
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with territories and cross functional global marketing and commercial sales teams.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent, minimum seven years related experience.
- Highly motivated, driven, creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to work autonomously while adhering to approved plans and strategies.
- Outgoing and sociable disposition with excellent interpersonal skills and proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and leading content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Digital platforms, their respective participants (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenario
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated and positive person that works/plays well with others.
- Ideal candidate has extensive knowledge or play experience with console, PC, and tablet games.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.