Firaxis Games is looking for a skilled character modeler to create authentic historically based characters on one of our AAA project teams. As a Character Modeler, you will be working closely with the Lead Character Artist to create high quality characters, props, and vehicles that match the look and feel of the game. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below.
- 2+ years of game development experience modeling and texturing characters using ZBrush, Max/ Maya, Marmoset, and Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- A solid understanding of form, silhouette, anatomy, and color.
- Strong portfolio showcasing in-game characters, including examples of optimal low poly models, UV layouts, and bake settings.
- Solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and PBR (physically based rendering) workflows
- Experience with Miniature or tabletop gaming development/ model creation is a plus
- Broad modeling experience that includes clothes, props, creatures, and vehicles a plus
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player
- An interest in or advanced knowledge of history or world cultures is a plus
- Ability to research and direct their own work to create a historically authentic asset
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- A passion for making games
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And much more!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.