Firaxis Games is searching for an experienced Technical Animator to join one of our AAA development teams. The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated. They value teamwork and collaboration and enjoy creating tools that make other people’s jobs more successful. You will help develop new tech to raise production quality and increase efficiency as well as providing primary rigging efforts to the project as a whole.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the animation teams to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs.
- Design and support complex character, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya.
- Own the skinning process for this project including characters, garments, weapons, vehicles, etc.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation teams.
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets into our game engines (this may include motion capture, cloth simulation, dynamics, and other animation related fields).
- 8+ years of industry experience as a tech animator/animator (we are open to considering a senior technical animator as well).
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Maya.
- Strong scripting/coding capability (experience with object oriented programming in Python preferred).
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy.
- Animation experience a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience a plus.
- Physics Simulation (cloth, hair, etc) experience a plus.
- Must possess current US work authorization.