JOB TITLE: Tools Engineer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games.Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Expertise with the C/C++ and C#/.NET programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- WPF/MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently
- Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Shipped AAA console or PC titles
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
- Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL
- Multithreading knowledge
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.