Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
Delivery Success is the largest team in Yalo. We’re currently building more efficient workflow that turns Yalo from a product oriented company to a service oriented company.
We’re looking for strategic thinkers that can handle the day-to-day activities while planning for the future. Data-based decisions and expectations management are also on our mind.
As a Sr Backend Engineer at Yalo, you will use cutting-edge technology to build intelligent and scalable products for Fortune 5000 customers. You will act as a technology partner for product creation to our customers, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality applications & products.
You will be in charge of delivering production-grade engineering solutions with high-quality standards and customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple phases of the project and manage various responsibilities at the same time. Must show great problem-solving skills, capacity to innovate and collaborate with different departments, skill sets, and team members in a fast-paced environment. You will work on products that will allow you to develop your skills and gain exposure to multinational brands. We promote fun and continuous learning; we are proud of working with the most talented people in the industry.
What are the activities of a Back End Developer?
- Implement high performing, high quality, tested backend applications in a microservices message-driven architecture
- Triage production issues, identify root causes, and participate in post-mortem writing and review.
- In collaboration with the team, participate in the creation of a technology roadmap
- Documentation writing of new and existing features
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing insights in terms of performance, security, best practices, and overall quality of the code
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- Strong communication skills in Spanish and English
- 5 years+ experience as a Back End Developer or similar role
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Proficiency with Node.js or Go
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Google Cloud is preferred)
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases, message queues, and asynchronous event-driven APIs.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies & Continuous Delivery (CD)
If you have the next skills and experience it will be a super plus:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with MongoDB
- Strong experience with Kafka or similar queuing systems
What soft skills matter to us?
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- A positive, service-oriented personality
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!