Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
Core Technology Team
As a member of our Core Tech team, you be part of the team that will build the next generation of apps in Yalo. We use cutting-edge technologies in the industry both for backend and front end development.
We’re looking for people that will bring different solutions to the table and work with increasing standards. You will also be able to explore any career path you choose: contributor or manager.
A Staff Data Engineer will be the expert on where data originates, how the data is a map and in which products we are using this relevant information. Apart from this, a Data Engineer needs to have an overseeing the full life-cycle development of the business’s data warehouse. Is responsible for the development of ETL processes, Data Pipelines, build Datamarts, performance administration of analytics databases and queries, dimensional design of the table structure. Monitoring and auditing data quality, support of the data pipeline, and identify improvements.
What are the activities of a Staff Data Engineer?
- Collaborate with other areas to understand their data needs and create efficient solutions that are aligned with them and business strategy.
- Building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines.
- Managing and analyzing datasets, maintaining data integrity, coherence and communicating relevant insights of the company.
- Give the best data advice on products creation and implementation
- Create product and features based on data
- Support on Business Intelligence tasks and maintenance (Data Models & Data Pipeline)
- Being able to tell/find the causes of anomalies, issues or trends with our available data.
- Explain data-related issues to internal and external customers
- Provide training of the customer usage to internal and external customers
- Propose new value data from the different origins*
- Create proper documentation related to data products and enhance or updating the current data governance
- Create and enable self-serve analytics for all the areas using our Data Visualization tools.
- Helping customer-facing teams to support implementations
- Monitor and audit data quality
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- +5 years of experience in Data Warehouse, Multidimensional Models, Business Intelligence, and ETL (Extract, transform, load).
- Experience in design and implement the ETL/Data pipeline. In order to integrate the data sources within the data warehouse
- +5 years working with Store Procedure programming structure (PL / SQL, T-SQL, etc.) and BI technologies as a: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc
- +5 years working with complex SQL queries to extract and analyze data from a variety of internal sources.
- Experience in Online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Experience in NoSQL and Big Data technologies such as MongoDB, Apache Kafka, Streamsets, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache AirFlow, etc.
- Experience of object-oriented programming, microservices, API, REST services.
- Experience in database management systems
- +5 years working in public cloud providers, especially GCP
If you have the next skills and experience it will be a super plus:
- +2 years working with Looker
- Experience in python development.
- Experience in Machine Learning Architectures.
- Knowledge in training, monitoring and testing Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience in working with Jira and agilez methodologies.
- Experience in documentation and working asynchronously.
What soft skills matter to us?
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative.
- Ability to handle several projects at once.
- Good Communication skills (Writing and leseaning).
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!