Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
Core Technology Team
As a member of our Core Tech team, you be part of the team that will build the next generation of apps in Yalo. We use cutting-edge technologies in the industry both for backend and front end development.
We’re looking for people that will bring different solutions to the table and work with increasing standards. You will also be able to explore any career path you choose: contributor or manager.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will develop large technical projects across LATAM that lead to successful business outcomes by shipping delightful products.
You will analyze internal and external customer specifications. Design and implement changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools.
You have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills, balanced with high quality and a customer focus. You are able to work across multiple facets of the project. (Including development, testing and deployment).
You have a strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. You must be someone who thrives in a fast-paced Agile environment with a can-do attitude.
What are the responsibilities of this role
- Understanding and analyzing system requirements
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Work with UX designers to deliver effective, high-quality user interfaces.
- Build reusable components for our design system
- Develop and deploy solutions with a focus on end-user experience, high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
- In collaboration with the team, participate in the creation of a technology roadmap
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing insights in terms of performance, security, best practices, and overall code quality
- Share knowledge, promote standard methodologies and collaborate with some of the best engineers in the company
- Write clear and concise documentation
Experience you need to perform this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a Frontend Engineer or similar role
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Strong experience working with microservices
- Experience working in an Agile environment. (Scrum/Kanban)
- Proficiency using React-Redux and Styled components
- Proficiency working with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and how to apply them to craft pragmatic solutions
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience working with NodeJS applications
- Experience working with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- Experience working with modern, cloud-native infrastructure and tools (such as Kubernetes)
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!