Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
The Product team is currently focusing on deliver outstanding results for customers, being reliable and efficient. We need people committed to chasing key business outcomes while working together for a shared purpose:
As part of this team, you’ll be able to help us deliver core/key features to customers and build content for customers to better understand and share Yalo’s value.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help us enhance our products and features by applying advanced statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms, and deep learning frameworks. You will be working closely with product, engineering and business teams to build, integrate and deliver successful algorithms to our state of the art SaaS platform.
Main responsibilities of this role:
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modelling with big data, that includes conversational data, behavioural data, ecommerce, among others
- Apply data mining, machine learning/deep learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to generate value-driven solutions for our customers and platforms
- Work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and designers to enhance our features and products through analytics
- Run regular tests, gather data, perform statistical analysis, and draw conclusions on the impact of your optimizations and communicate results to peers and leaders.
- Explore new design or technology shifts to determine how they might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver.
- Build end-to-end products from the ground up, from data exploration through feature generation, model construction, deployment and monitoring.
- Own design, implementation and deployment of your models and see them deliver business impact.
- Contribute to advancing NLP and its applications, to create highly innovative products and customer experiences, ranging from text understanding and classification to information extraction.
- Lead, manage, and help build a thriving team of data scientists, to achieve amazing results
- Mentor other team members and continuously further the Data Science organization
- Guide design, architecture, tooling and processes at the organization level
Experience you need to perform this role:
- BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, etc.).·
- 5+ Years of relevant experience in Data Science positions
- Strong knowledge of Python and deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Strong programming skills with Python or R.
- Efficient in SQL or similar query languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ year’s experience with NLP or similar deep learning frameworks.
- Can work effectively working within an ambiguous ever changing environment.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives across engineering standards.
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!