About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Senior Frontend Software Engineer (Remote):
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our Channels Engineering team and help develop and enhance Wurl's Content Management System (CMS) and Scheduling web interface and API integrations.
In this job, you'll be a key member of the Wurl Channels Engineering team building and supporting the platform responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries. Your primary focus will be within the front-end of the platform - advocating standards, building scalable and reusable interfaces, integrating with back-end services, and manifesting product requirements into intuitive UI/UX. There will be unique challenges, as well as tremendous opportunities to improve and shape the experience for our internal and external customers.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network
- Contribute to the development and documentation of UI templates, reusable UI components and designs leveraging CSS, Typescript frameworks, and data objects
- Perform API and data integrations
- Build highly secured and reliable software that runs 24x7 that is cloud native
- Collaborate and work closely with product managers, UX design, architecture, and back-end API teams to create best of class customer experiences for the CMS using Agile development methodologies
- Champion the User Interface Design Guidelines
- Minimum 7 years of complete web-based, software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with modern web technologies HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors such as SASS
- Expert level Typescript experience including frameworks such as React, Redux, and Apollo GraphQL.
- Expert level experience with debugging and testing Typescript code
- Experience working with UI libraries such as Material UI.
- Strong understanding of frontend tooling including webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, and Jest etc.
- Experience integrating web applications with API services for data retrieval, manipulation, and presentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process.
- Good knowledge of software engineering design principles and processes, including Behavior/Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Scrum Agile and Scrum ceremonies.
A plus if you have:
- Familiarity with video formats and encoding; with web-based media players
- Experienced with video scheduler tools
- Experience working with AWS services - Lambda, RDS, S3, EKS
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV. Wurl is a Great Place to Work Certified workplace, and has been maintaining that designation for multiple years, consecutively. Read more about what Wurl's employees have to say about our team here!
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.